PBM Therapy – previously known as Low Level Laser Therapy (LLLT) – is the application of red/near-infrared light to tissue where there is degeneration or injury, to improve repair and reduce inflammation/pain.
PBM Therapy appears too good to be true as it does many things, but really it does just one thing and it does it very well and that is, it reduces oxidative stress.
Oxidative stress is accepted as the underlying trigger for most diseases and degenerative conditions. It is also a component in the inflammatory phase of acute and chronic injuries.
Unlike drugs and surgery, PBM Therapy
- actually promotes regeneration
- reduces inflammation and pain
- is non toxic
- is non invasive
- has no side effects
Over 400 Randomised Controlled Trials have been published using PBM Therapy devices, and the technology has featured in over 4,000 laboratory studies. PBM Therapy is used in thousands of clinics, hospitals and elite sports institutions in over 70 nations.
The clinically-proven benefits of red and near-infrared light are:
- Lowered pain and inflammation
- Faster rate of recovery after injury
- Earlier return to physical health
- Reduced fat and cardiometabolic risk factors
- Less soreness after exercise, faster recovery from exercise
- Anecdotal reports include: better sleep, less stress and less depression
- Collagen Stimulation (anti aging effects such as decrease in wrinkles of the skin)
- Improvements in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Improvements in Traumatic Brain Injury
- Improvements in Stroke
The MitoGen whole body delivery system of PBM Therapy that has been designed specifically for Paleo Osteo to deliver optimal wavelengths, power densities and dosages based on published clinical research outcomes.
The advantage of the MitoGen is it works on the whole body in just 20 minutes.